Visitors to Belper are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Newstead Abbey, Chatsworth House and Nottingham Cathedral.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Belper
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Belper
A favourite place to visit in the city is Heage Windmill. In the area, you'll also find Newstead Abbey and Chatsworth House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Belper. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridge Hill House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Lion Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Nottingham Cathedral, 15.3 mi/24.6 km from the heart of the city, and Theatre Royal, which is 15.5 mi (25 km) away.
Getting around Belper
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Belper Station, Ambergate Station or Duffield Station. Belper may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Belper
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Belper gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C