Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Alfreton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. Around the area, top sights include Newstead Abbey, Chatsworth House and Nottingham Cathedral.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Alfreton
- The closest major airport is in Nottingham (NQT), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alfreton
A couple of favourite places to visit are East Midlands Designer Outlet and Wingfield Manor. In the area, you'll also find Newstead Abbey and Chatsworth House.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Alfreton. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The View at The White Horse Woolley Moor - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Park Farm - Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Horse & Jockey Wessington - With a stay at this 3.5-star country house, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Nottingham Cathedral, located 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Theatre Royal, which is 14.7 mi/23.7 km away.
Getting around Alfreton
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Alfreton Station. Alfreton might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Alfreton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Alfreton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C