History buffs will enjoy a visit to Hook, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the castle and ruins. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts visitors with its bars, restaurants and coffeehouses.
- There are 10 Hook hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Hook
- Families come for attractions such as Basingstoke Leisure Park, Birdworld, and Lagoona Park
- Notable for its castle, historic sites, ruins and landmarks such as Odiham Castle, Jane Austen's House Museum, and Reading Abbey Ruins
Getting around Hook
There are plenty of options for getting around Hook. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Hook Station or Hook Winchfield Station.
Staying in Hook
With 12 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Hook, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 72 to GBP 366 per night.
For trips with the family or other getaways, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
- Tylney Hall
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may appreciate these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Bel and the Dragon
- The Kingsley at Eversley
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating, whereas Bel and the Dragon and The Kingsley at Eversley are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Hook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Hook is 25 millimetres