Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Oct 2020
Pocket Guide: Gainsborough
Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Gainsborough, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the bars and horseback riding. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, cosy city can discover its restaurants, beer and coffeehouses.
- There are 6 Gainsborough hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gainsborough
- Top activities include horseback riding and golfing, whereas Elsham Golf Club is a great place to visit
- Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral are noteworthy landmarks
Getting around Gainsborough
There are plenty of options for getting around Gainsborough. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Gainsborough Lea Road Station.
Staying in GainsboroughYou might like one of these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Black Swan Guest House
- The Black Horse Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Black Swan Guest House with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas The Black Horse Inn has a 4.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Gainsborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Gainsborough each year
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Gainsborough?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gainsborough, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Gainsborough?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Gainsborough?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Gainsborough?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Gainsborough?
Gainsborough Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gainsborough by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gainsborough Airports
- Accommodation near Gainsborough Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gainsborough
- Choose Your Gainsborough Hotel Style
- Search Gainsborough Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gainsborough
- Hotels Near Gainsborough, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends