Visitors can enjoy all that Scunthorpe has to offer including the gardens, bars and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, theatres and cafes. Hull Marina, Yorkshire Wildlife Park and The Deep are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Scunthorpe
- The closest major airport is in Hull (HUY-Humberside), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 15.6 mi (25.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Scunthorpe
A couple of favourite places to visit are North Lincolnshire Museum and Normanby Hall Country Park. In the area, you'll also find Hull Marina and Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Scunthorpe. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The River Don Tavern and Lodge - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Bridge Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include The Deep, located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Doncaster Dome, which is 18.1 mi/29.2 km away.
Getting around Scunthorpe
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Scunthorpe Station, Althorpe Station or Crowle Station. Scunthorpe might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Scunthorpe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Scunthorpe gets about 19 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C