Visitors to Retford are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Sherwood Forest Country Park, Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Retford
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Retford
Attractions like Sundown Adventureland and Wetlands Animal Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bassetlaw Museum and Idle Valley Nature Reserve.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Retford. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lawns Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sherwood Forest Country Park, 10.3 mi/16.6 km from the city centre, and Lincoln Castle, which is 16.4 mi (26.4 km) away.
Getting around Retford
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Retford Station. Retford might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Retford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 559.40 millimetres of rain falls on Retford each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C