Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Worksop, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, forests and golf courses. Sherwood Forest Country Park, Magna Science Adventure Centre and Ponds Forge International Sports Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Worksop
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 26.7 mi (43 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Worksop
Notable city landmarks like Clumber Park and Hodsock Priory might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Worksop Golf Club and The Harley Gallery.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Worksop. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Acorn Lodge - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to public transport.
- Lock Keeper by Marston's Inns - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Lion Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Sherwood Forest Country Park, located 7.4 mi (12 km) from the city centre, and Magna Science Adventure Centre, which is 13.5 mi (21.6 km) away.
Getting around Worksop
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Worksop Station, Shireoaks Station or Whitwell Station. Worksop might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Worksop
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 559.40 millimetres of rain falls on Worksop each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C