Visiting Castellina in Chianti
Visitors to Castellina in Chianti are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Piazza del Campo and Civic Museum.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodation options in Castellina in Chianti
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Castellina in Chianti
Wine tasting is just one of the top activities, while Casa Vinicola Luigi Cecchi and Buondonno Winery are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are City Hall Castellina In Chianti and Archaeological Museum of Chianti.
In Radda in Chianti, you'll find 63 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Locanda le Piazze - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Belvedere di San Leonino - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi - This 3-star hotel features a winery, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Piazza del Campo, which is 10.1 mi (16.3 km) away.
Dressing for Castellina in Chianti
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 793 millimetres of rain falls on Castellina in Chianti each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C