Visiting San Gimignano
Visitors to San Gimignano are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafes and cathedral. Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Roman Theatre and Stadio Artemio Franchi are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 325 hotels and other accommodation options in San Gimignano
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in San Gimignano
Cultural venues in the city include San Gimignano Communal Palace, Medieval Criminal and Torture Museum and Museum San Gimignano 1300. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Piazza della Cisterna, and Torre Grossa. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza Duomo and Casa e Torre Campatelli.
In Volterra, you'll find 325 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Agriturismo Il Segreto di Pietrafitta - Amenities at this farm house include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Agriturismo Il Casolare di Bucciano - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this farm stay. Amenities at this farm house include a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- La Mormoraia - Amenities at this farm house include a winery and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit in the area include Roman Theatre, located 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Stadio Artemio Franchi, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Dressing for San Gimignano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- San Gimignano gets about 777.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C