Visiting Gaiole in Chianti
Visitors to Gaiole in Chianti are sure to enjoy the spas and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Piazza del Campo and Civic Museum.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodation options in Gaiole in Chianti
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaiole in Chianti
The city is notable for landmarks like Meleto Castle, Castle of Brolio and Church of San Sigismondo. Wine tasting is just one of the top activities, while Gaiole in Chianti Stadium and Cantalici Winery are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Valdarno and Medieval Tower of Barbischio.
In Castelnuovo Berardenga, you'll find 94 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Cavarchino B&B - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Le Pozze Di Lecchi - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Rocca di Castagnoli - Amenities at this townhouse include a winery and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its room size.
Top places to visit in the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Piazza del Campo, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Dressing for Gaiole in Chianti
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Gaiole in Chianti gets about 777.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 6°C