Search Hotels in Siena
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Siena, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedrals, museums and cafes. Top sights in the city include Piazza del Campo, Civic Museum and Palazzo Pubblico.
- There are 441 hotels and other accommodation options in Siena
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 34.1 mi (54.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Siena
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Civic Museum, Museum of Torture and Siena State Archives. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Piazza del Campo, Siena Cathedral and Fonte Gaia. The picturesque setting of Val di Merse and Enoteca Italiana exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Castelnuovo Berardenga, you'll find 441 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Dimora Dei Monaci - Located in Siena Historical Center, this B&B guestroom features free WiFi and digital TV. Expedia travellers love its spacious and clean rooms.
- Relais degli Angeli - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this property. This property in Siena Historical Center features free WiFi and a rooftop terrace.
- Siena Vip - With a stay at this townhouse in Siena Historical Center, guests can enjoy access to parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Other top sights in Siena include Palazzo Pubblico and Stadio Artemio Franchi. Popular places to visit in the area include Abbazia di San Galgano, located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away.
Getting around Siena
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Siena Station. Siena might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Siena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 777.60 millimetres of rain falls on Siena each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Siena?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Siena, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Siena?
What's the best hotel for families in Siena?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Siena?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Siena?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Siena?
What's the best boutique hotel in Siena?
What's the best accommodation in Siena to be near historical sites?
Siena Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Siena by Star Rating
- Hotels near Siena Airports
- Areas of Siena
- Accommodation near Siena Attractions
- More accommodation types in Siena
- Choose Your Siena Hotel Style
- Search Siena Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Siena
- Hotels Near Siena, Tuscany
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends