Search Hotels in Colle di Val d'Elsa
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Jan 2020
Visiting Colle di Val d'Elsa
History buffs enjoy visiting Colle di Val d'Elsa though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, coffee shops and temples. Around the area, top sights include Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Roman Theatre and Stadio Artemio Franchi.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Colle di Val d'Elsa
Cultural venues in the city include Art in Color, Ranuccio Bianchi Bandinelli Archeological Museum and Museo del Cristallo di Colle di Val d'Elsa. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Colle di Val d'Elsa Cathedral and Piazza Arnolfo di Cambio. In the area, you'll also find Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta and Roman Theatre.
In San Gimignano, you can choose from 56 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Sabolini - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hotel Palazzo Renieri - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Relais Della Rovere - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stadio Artemio Franchi, located 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Siena Cathedral, which is 12.8 mi (20.7 km) away.
Dressing for Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 793 millimetres of rain falls on Colle di Val d'Elsa each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Colle di Val d'Elsa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Colle di Val d'Elsa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Colle di Val d'Elsa?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Colle di Val d'Elsa?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Colle di Val d'Elsa?
What's the best luxury hotel in Colle di Val d'Elsa?
What's the best hotel in Colle di Val d'Elsa to be near historical sites?
Colle di Val d'Elsa Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Colle di Val d'Elsa by Star Rating
- Hotels near Colle di Val d'Elsa Airports
- Accommodation near Colle di Val d'Elsa Attractions
- More accommodation types in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Choose Your Colle di Val d'Elsa Hotel Style
- Search Colle di Val d'Elsa Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Hotels Near Colle di Val d'Elsa, Tuscany
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends