Guests will appreciate the wineries, castle and restaurants in Monteriggioni. Relaxing and hilly, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its tours.
- There are 16 Monteriggioni hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 30.1 mi (48.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Monteriggioni
- Top activities include wine tasting and adventures, whereas Hedonistic Hiking, Az. Agr.Losi Querciavalle, and Casa Vinicola Luigi Cecchi are great sights to visit
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Monteriggioni Castle, Siena Cathedral, and Piazza del Campo
- The natural setting of the countryside is picturesque, and places to visit include Enoteca Italiana, Orto Botanico dell'Universita di Siena, and All'Orto de' Pecci
Getting around Monteriggioni
Monteriggioni has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Monteriggioni Badesse Station or Monteriggioni Castellina Station.
Staying in Monteriggioni
With 20 hotels and other accommodations in Monteriggioni, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 6 hotels ranging from GBP 52 to GBP 173 per night.
You may enjoy one of these traveller-recommended, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- La Canonica di Fungaia
- Hotel Il Piccolo Castello
A favourite with Expedia travellers is La Canonica di Fungaia with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating, whereas Hotel Il Piccolo Castello has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Monteriggioni
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the nighttime average
- About 796 millimetres of rain falls on Monteriggioni each year