Visitors to Monteriggioni are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Siena Cathedral and Piazza del Campo.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodation options in Monteriggioni
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 30 mi (48.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Monteriggioni
Notable city landmarks like Monteriggioni Castle and San Leonardo al Lago might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Val di Merse. Additionally, in the area you'll find Stadio Artemio Franchi and Siena Cathedral.
In Siena, there are 70 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Canonica di San Michele - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Relais la Costa - Dimora Storica - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this property. Amenities at this property include a full-service spa and free WiFi.
- Borgo Gallinaio - Amenities at this townhouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Piazza del Campo, 6.3 mi/10.2 km from the city centre, and Civic Museum, which is 6.3 mi (10.2 km) away.
Getting around Monteriggioni
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Monteriggioni Badesse Station or Monteriggioni Castellina Station. Monteriggioni might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Monteriggioni
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Monteriggioni gets about 793 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 6°C