Visitors can enjoy all that Poggibonsi has to offer including the wineries and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside and secluded setting. Around the area, top sights include Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Stadio Artemio Franchi and Siena Cathedral.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Poggibonsi
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 23 mi (37 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Poggibonsi
The city's cultural venues include Archeodromo di Poggibonsi and The Rock of Staggia. The city is notable for landmarks like San Lucchese Convent, Church of San Lorenzo and Fountain of Fate. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Poggio Imperiale Fortress and Magione Castle.
In San Gimignano, you'll find 56 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa San Lucchese - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Villa Lecchi - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Hotel Villa San Giorgio - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the heart of the city, and Stadio Artemio Franchi, which is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away.
Getting around Poggibonsi
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Poggibonsi-San Gimignano Station. Poggibonsi might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Poggibonsi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Poggibonsi gets about 793 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 6°C