Visiting Greve in Chianti
Visitors to Greve in Chianti are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Piazzale Michelangelo, Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace.
- There are 163 hotels and other accommodation options in Greve in Chianti
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 15.1 mi (24.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Greve in Chianti
The city is notable for landmarks like Piazza Matteotti, Sezzate Castle and Church of Santa Maria Assunta. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Valdarno. Top activities include wine tasting and taking a tour, while Il Molino di Grace Winery is one place to visit.
In Figline e Incisa Valdarno, you'll find 163 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Borgo Del Cabreo - Amenities at this property include free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Castello di Mugnana - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this castle. Amenities at this castle include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Locanda Il Gallo - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Piazzale Michelangelo, 11.4 mi/18.4 km from the heart of the city, and Boboli Gardens, which is 11.6 mi/18.7 km away.
Dressing for Greve in Chianti
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Greve in Chianti gets about 793 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 6°C