Visitors can enjoy all that Taesch has to offer including the mountain views, ski areas and coffee shops. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and bars. Around the area, top sights include Matterhorn, Matterhorn Ski Paradise and Saas-Fee Ski Resort.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Taesch
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 25.5 mi (41 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Taesch
A favourite place to visit in the city is Matterhorn Ski Paradise. In the area, you'll also find Matterhorn and Saas-Fee Ski Resort.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Taesch. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Modern Rooms by Täscherhof - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Walliserhof - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Alpenhotel Täsch - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Klein Matterhorn Cable Car, 7.2 mi/11.6 km from the city centre, and Breuil-Cervinia Ski Area, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away.
Getting around Taesch
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Täsch Station. Taesch might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Taesch
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Taesch gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C