Search Hotels in San Francisco, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 1 Apr 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Nov 2020
Where to stay in San Francisco
5/5Exceptional!(4 area reviews)
This waterfront neighborhood dates back to the gold rush era and is a hub for tourist activities, sea lions and seafood restaurants.
4/5Very Good!(287 area reviews)
Fashion puts on its finest face in one of the country’s largest shopping plazas.
Downtown San Francisco
3/5(52 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums, popular shops and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in Downtown San Francisco. Top attractions like San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Oracle Park are major draws. Catch the metro at Market St & Stockton St Stop or Market St & 4th St Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(37 area reviews)
Mingle with businesspeople in the excellent bars and restaurants of this neighborhood where there is a large concentration of corporate headquarters.
4.5/5Wonderful!(129 area reviews)
Better known as Little Italy, this neighborhood was once a hotspot for counterculture and features an array of bars, jazz clubs, galleries and cafés.
Visiting San Francisco
Travellers to San Francisco give high marks for the fascinating museums, theatre and interesting architecture. Urban and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its art, China town and monuments. Top sights in the city include Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and TransAmerica Pyramid.
- There are 803 hotels and other accommodation options in San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Francisco
Known for its museums, theatres and art, the city's cultural venues include San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Asian Art Museum of San Francisco and Louise Davies Symphony Hall. Attractions like Aquarium of the Bay, Pier 39 and San Francisco Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its China town and monuments are notable and landmarks include TransAmerica Pyramid, Coit Tower and Lombard Street.
In Sausalito, there are 803 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mansion on Sutter - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Western Addition can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Seal Cove Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Inn San Francisco - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Mission District features free breakfast, free WiFi and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers love its clean and quiet rooms.
Other favourite sights in San Francisco include Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco City Hall and Exploratorium. Outside the city, top places to visit include Jack London Square, 7.2 mi/11.5 km from the heart of the city, and Oakland Museum of California, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Getting around San Francisco
With so many transport options, seeing all of San Francisco is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Powell St. Station, Montgomery St. Station and Civic Center Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from San Francisco 4th and King Station, San Francisco 22nd Street Station or San Francisco Bayshore Station.
Dressing for San Francisco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 588 millimetres of rain falls on San Francisco each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in San Francisco?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Francisco, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in San Francisco?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to San Francisco?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in San Francisco?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best high-end place to stay in San Francisco?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in San Francisco?
What are some hotels with pools in San Francisco?
San Francisco Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in San Francisco by Star Rating
- Hotels near San Francisco Airports
- Areas of San Francisco
- Accommodation near San Francisco Attractions
- More accommodation types in San Francisco
- Choose Your San Francisco Hotel Style
- Search San Francisco Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in San Francisco
- Hotels Near San Francisco, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends