Search Hotels in South of Market, San Francisco
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Apr 2020
Visiting South of Market
South of Market is a metropolitan neighbourhood known for its top museums and major shopping area. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including AT&T Park, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Westfield San Francisco Centre. Start by booking your hotel in South of Market, and then enjoy the sights in the greater San Francisco area.
Staying in South of Market
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighbourhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- The St. Regis San Francisco: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, an indoor pool and a 24-hour health club, steps from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, a health club and a bar/lounge, 5-minute walk from Westfield San Francisco Centre. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco: 5-star hotel with 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and a fitness centre, 6-minute walk from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and beach locale.
South of Market may not have the type of accommodation you're looking for, so consider staying in a nearby San Francisco neighbourhood instead. Downtown San Francisco is a neighbourhood known for its architecture, top museums and popular art scene. This neighbourhood is home to 180 hotels and other accommodation options, including these favourites:
- Omni San Francisco Hotel: 4.5-star hotel with a restaurant, a fitness centre and a bar/lounge, steps from TransAmerica Pyramid. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable beds and central location.
- Inn At Union Square - A Greystone Hotel: 3.5-star hotel with free breakfast, free WiFi and valet parking, 6-minute walk from Westfield San Francisco Centre. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Sightseeing Around This San Francisco Neighbourhood
Looking for a little shopping break? A shopping trip to Westfield San Francisco Centre, Westfield Metreon and Ferry Building Marketplace might be just the ticket while you're in South of Market. AT&T Park and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art are a also couple of sights to visit when you're in the neighbourhood.
If you want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, consider a visit to the nearby neighbourhood of Downtown San Francisco to visit San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Westfield San Francisco Centre and AT&T Park. Other places worth visiting include Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, TransAmerica Pyramid and Louise Davies Symphony Hall.
Getting Around South of Market and the Greater San Francisco Area
For a quick way to explore the city, catch a ride on metro transit at Powell St. Station, Montgomery St. Station or Civic Center Station. To venture out of town, take a train from San Francisco 4th and King Station.