Search Hotels in Madeira Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Madeira Island
Visiting Madeira Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Madeira Island, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, fun sporting events and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its seaside and shopping. Top sights in the city include Monte Palace Gardens, Madeira Stadium and Madeira Botanical Garden.
- There are 1999 hotels and other accommodation options in Madeira Island
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Porto Santo (PXO), 42.3 mi (68.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madeira Island
Cultural venues in the city include CR7 Museum, Museum of Natural History and Se Cathedral. Families come for attractions such as Madeira Theme Park, Funchal-Monte Teleferico and Fábrica de Bordado. The city is notable for landmarks like Town Square, Church of Our Lady of Light and Beachside Square.
Other favourite sights in Madeira Island include Monte Palace Gardens, Madeira Stadium and Madeira Botanical Garden.
Dressing for Madeira Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Madeira Island each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°C