Hotels in Carcassonne, France
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 4 Jun 2019
Reviewed on 23 Feb 2020
Visitors to Carcassonne are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and waterfront.
- There are 666 hotels and other accommodation options in Carcassonne
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carcassonne
Cultural venues in the city include Parc Australien, Museum of Book Arts and Crafts and Moulin à Papier de Brousses. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Pont-Neuf de Carcassonne, Aude Gate, and Medieval City of Carcassonne. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bassin de Saint-Ferréol, Cabrespine Cave and The Nature Trail And The Green Labyrinth.
In La Redorte, you'll find 666 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maison Vintage Chambre d'Hôtes - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Les Balcons de Maragon - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hôtel D'Alibert - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and deep soaking bathtubs.
Getting around Carcassonne
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Carcassonne Station, Couffoulens Station or Verzeille Station. Carcassonne might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Carcassonne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Carcassonne is 20 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Carcassonne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Carcassonne, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Carcassonne?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Carcassonne?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Carcassonne?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Carcassonne?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Carcassonne?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Carcassonne?
What's the best boutique hotel in Carcassonne?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Carcassonne?
What's the best accommodation in Carcassonne to be near historical sites?
Carcassonne Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Carcassonne by Star Rating
- Hotels near Carcassonne Airports
- Areas of Carcassonne
- Accommodation near Carcassonne Attractions
- More accommodation types in Carcassonne
- Choose Your Carcassonne Hotel Style
- Search Carcassonne Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Carcassonne
- Hotels Near Carcassonne, Occitanie
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends