Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Whitchurch and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses, shopping, and spas.
- Though not directly in Whitchurch, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- March is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Whitchurch
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Basingstoke Golf Club, Newbury and Crookham Golf Club, and Deanwood Park Golf Course are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Finkley Down Farm, 4 Kingdoms Adventure Park, and Basingstoke Leisure Park
- Notable for its cathedrals and landmarks such as Great Hall and Winchester Cathedral
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Viables Crafts Centre and Festival Place
Getting around Whitchurch
Whitchurch has plenty of options for transportation. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Whitchurch Station.
Staying in Whitchurch
You might like White Hart Hotel & Restaurant, averaging GBP 88.25 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is White Hart Hotel & Restaurant with a 3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Whitchurch
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 24°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Whitchurch each year