Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Andover, which is also known for its bars and gardens. Welcoming and secluded, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Stonehenge, Great Hall and Winchester Cathedral.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Andover
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Andover
The city's cultural venues include Andover Museum and Museum of the Iron Age and Museum of Army Chaplaincy. The city's countryside and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Hawk Conservancy Trust. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Thruxton Motorsport Centre and Finkley Down Farm.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Andover. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Jack Russell - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The White Horse - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Esseborne Manor Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Stonehenge, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the city centre, and Great Hall, which is 14.4 mi (23.1 km) away.
Getting around Andover
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Andover Station or Andover Grateley Station. Andover may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Andover
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Andover is 719.80 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C