Search Hotels in Winchester
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Winchester, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, beautiful gardens and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and university setting. Top sights in the city include Great Hall, Winchester Cathedral and Marwell Zoo.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodation options in Winchester
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winchester
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Theatre Royal Winchester, Gurkha Museum Winchester and City Museum. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Great Hall, Winchester Cathedral and Winchester Guildhall. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Winchester and Sparsholt College.
Other top sights in Winchester include Marwell Zoo. Outside the city, popular places to see include St. Mary's Stadium, 11.3 mi/18.3 km from the city centre, and Southampton Cruise Terminal, which is 12 mi (19.2 km) away.
Getting around Winchester
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Winchester Station, Winchester Shawford Station or Winchester Micheldever Station. Winchester might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Winchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Winchester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Winchester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Winchester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Winchester?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Winchester?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Winchester?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Winchester?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Winchester?
What's the best boutique hotel in Winchester?
What's the best hotel in Winchester that's close to historical sites?
Winchester Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Winchester by Star Rating
- Hotels near Winchester Airports
- Accommodation near Winchester Attractions
- More accommodation types in Winchester
- Choose Your Winchester Hotel Style
- Search Winchester Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Winchester
- Hotels Near Winchester, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends