Winchester has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts visitors with its shopping, spas, and coffeehouses.
- There are 3 Winchester hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Winchester
- Families come for attractions such as Finkley Down Farm, Hawk Conservancy Trust, and Marwell Zoo
- Notable for its cathedrals and landmarks to visit including Great Hall, Winchester Cathedral, and Jane Austen's House Museum
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Viables Crafts Centre and Festival Place
Getting around Winchester
Winchester has plenty of options for transportation. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Dressing for Winchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 24°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Winchester each year