Washington DC Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Nov 2020
Where to stay in Washington
Downtown Washington D.C.
4.5/5Wonderful!(156 area reviews)
Art galleries, museums and theaters as well as vibrant entertainment, nightlife and shopping districts await in this city center neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(14 area reviews)
Discover some of Washington’s oldest buildings, upscale shops and vibrant nightlife in this elegant riverside suburb.
4/5Very Good!(41 area reviews)
Home to the emblematic U.S. Capitol Building, this central neighborhood is famous for its historic landmarks, markets, museums and nightlife.
4.5/5Wonderful!(91 area reviews)
Funky shops, historic houses and fascinating museums have turned this once-exclusive neighborhood into a fun-loving bohemian district.
3.5/5Good!(4 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and important monuments, there's plenty to explore in Northwest. Check out top attractions like Smithsonian's National Zoo and Washington National Cathedral, and jump on the metro at Cleveland Park Station or Van Ness-UDC Station to see more of the city.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Washington, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, important monuments and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its theatres, entertainment and shopping. Top sights in the city include International Spy Museum, Capital One Arena and Ford's Theater.
- There are 976 hotels and other accommodation options in Washington
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
Known for its museums, art and theatres, the city's cultural venues include International Spy Museum, Ford's Theater and National Museum of Natural History. Attractions like Smithsonian's National Zoo, National Aquarium and The Capital Wheel are fun for kids of all ages. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include White House, Smithsonian Castle and Washington Monument.
In Silver Spring, you'll find 976 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Malolo Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Jefferson, Washington, DC - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Dupont Circle can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- HighRoad Hostel DC - This 2-star hostel in Adams Morgan features free breakfast, free WiFi and a computer station. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Washington include Capital One Arena, National Mall and National Museum of American History. Popular places to see in the area include Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, 2.6 mi/4.2 km from the heart of the city, and Iwo Jima Memorial, which is 2.6 mi (4.3 km) away.
Getting around Washington
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Washington is easy. Nearby metro stations include 7th St. Convention Center Station, Gallery Place Chinatown Station and Center Station. If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Washington Union Station.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Washington is 1009.30 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Washington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Washington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Washington?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Washington?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Washington?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Washington?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Washington?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Washington?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Washington?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Washington?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Washington?
Washington Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Washington by Star Rating
- Hotels near Washington Airports
- Areas of Washington
- Accommodation near Washington Attractions
- More accommodation types in Washington
- Choose Your Washington Hotel Style
- Search Washington Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Washington
- Hotels Near Washington, Maryland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends