Search Rockville Hotels, Bethesda
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 3 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rockville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and fun sporting events. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights around the area include Great Falls Park, Washington National Cathedral and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bethesda
- The closest major airport is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockville
Cultural venues in the city include Stone Street Medical Museum, Beall-Dawson Historic House Museum and Chinatown. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rockville Town Center is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Peerless Rockville Historic Preservation and F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Gravesite.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rockville. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cambria Hotel Rockville - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Rockville-Gaithersburg - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Sheraton Rockville Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, a fitness centre and a bar. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Great Falls Park, 8.7 mi/14 km from the city centre, and Washington National Cathedral, which is 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away.
Getting around Rockville
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Rockville Station. Rockville might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Rockville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rockville is 1024 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Rockville?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rockville, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Rockville?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Rockville?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Rockville?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Rockville?
What's the best boutique hotel in Rockville?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Rockville?
Rockville Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Rockville by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rockville Airports
- Accommodation near Rockville Attractions
- More accommodation types in Rockville
- Choose Your Rockville Hotel Style
- Search Rockville Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Rockville
- Hotels Near Rockville, Bethesda
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends