Families will find kid-friendly activities in Columbia, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theatres, local tours and festivals. Maryland Live Casino, Arundel Mills Mall and Horseshoe Casino Baltimore are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 351 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbia
The city is known for its live music, theatres and festivals, along with cultural venues like Merriweather Post Pavilion. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Mall in Columbia is a favourite for retail therapy. Taking a tour is a top activity, and Hyper Kidz is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Columbia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sonesta ES Suites Columbia Baltimore - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Courtyard by Marriott Columbia - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Town Center can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Maryland Live Casino, 8.4 mi/13.6 km from the heart of the city, and Arundel Mills Mall, which is 8.8 mi/14.1 km away.
Dressing for Columbia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 1064 millimetres of rain falls on Columbia each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C