Visiting Ellicott City
Visitors to Ellicott City are sure to enjoy the restaurants and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, shopping and rivers. Maryland Live Casino, Arundel Mills Mall and B&O Railroad Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 352 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellicott City
Favourite places to visit in the city include Patapsco Valley State Park, Centennial Park and B&O Railroad Station Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ellicott City. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Columbia - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
- Turf Valley Resort - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Maryland Live Casino, located 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre, and Arundel Mills Mall, which is 10.2 mi (16.5 km) away.
Dressing for Ellicott City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ellicott City is 1063.90 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C