Search Hotels in National Harbor, MD
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Pocket Guide: National Harbor
Visiting National Harbor
National Harbor's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the live music, bars and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, sunsets and dancing.
- There are 6 National Harbor hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around National Harbor
- A port is one of the top activities, whereas Buzzard Point Marina, Gangplank Marina, and Fort Washington Marina are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Art Whino, National Children's Museum, and Capital Children's Museum are some local cultural sights
- Popular attractions include The Capital Wheel and Smithsonian's National Zoo
- Notable landmarks include The Awakening Sculpture, Jefferson Memorial, and Arlington National Cemetery
- The natural setting of the sunsets is picturesque, and places to visit include Oxon Cove and Oxon Hill Farm National Park, Bald Eagle Recreation Center, and Fort Foote Park
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Tanger Outlets, Atlantic Shopping Center and Fashion Center at Pentagon City
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Nationals Park, Robert F. Kennedy Stadium or Verizon Center
Getting around National Harbor
National Harbor has plenty of options for transport. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Staying in National HarborYou might prefer these highly rated properties for trips with the family or other getaways:
- Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor - Alexandria Area
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor - Alexandria Area has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for National Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for National Harbor is 1010 millimetres
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in National Harbor?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in National Harbor, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in National Harbor?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to National Harbor?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to National Harbor?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in National Harbor?
What's the best luxury place to stay in National Harbor?
What's the best boutique hotel in National Harbor?
What are some accommodation options with pools in National Harbor?
National Harbor Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in National Harbor by Star Rating
- Hotels near National Harbor Airports
- Accommodation near National Harbor Attractions
- More accommodation types in National Harbor
- Choose Your National Harbor Hotel Style
- Search National Harbor Hotel Brands
- Hotels Near National Harbor, Washington
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends