Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 24 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 6 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 15 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bowie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping and theatres. Around the area, top sights include Six Flags America, FedEx Field and Maryland Stadium.
- You'll find 117 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Annapolis
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bowie
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include National Capital Radio and Television Museum, Belair Stable Museum and Belair Mansion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Six Flags America and Allen Pond Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Bowie. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Bowie - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Comfort Inn Conference Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include FedEx Field, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and Maryland Stadium, which is 11.8 mi/19 km away.
Getting around Bowie
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bowie State Station. Bowie might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bowie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1063.90 millimetres of rain falls on Bowie each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C