Search Hotels in Downtown Washington D.C., Washington
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Trending Hotels Near Downtown Washington D.C., Washington
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2 Dec 2020
Visiting Downtown Washington D.C.
Downtown Washington D.C. is an historic neighbourhood known for its top museums and popular art scene. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Ford's Theater and Capital One Arena. Downtown Washington D.C.'s hotels make a great base for venturing out into the greater Washington area.
Staying in Downtown Washington D.C.
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighbourhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- Trump International Hotel Washington DC: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, a 24-hour health club and a bar/lounge, 6-minute walk from Ford's Theater. Our guests enjoy the hotel's spacious rooms and walkable location.
- Heaven on Washington - Center of City: 4-star apartment with a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a health club, 4-minute walk from Ford's Theater. Expedia travellers like this apartment's walkable location and helpful staff.
- The Hay-Adams: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness centre and a bar/lounge, steps from White House. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and central location.
Downtown Washington D.C. may not have the type of accommodation you're looking for, so consider staying in a nearby Washington neighbourhood instead. The Mount Vernon Square neighbourhood is worth exploring. This neighbourhood is home to 32 hotels and other accommodation options including these favourites:
- Marriott Marquis Washington, DC: 4-star hotel with 4 restaurants, a 24-hour fitness centre and 4 bars, 11-minute walk from Ford's Theater. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and family-friendly amenities.
- Homewood Suites Washington DC Convention Center: 3-star hotel with free breakfast, a 24-hour fitness centre and free WiFi, 12-minute walk from Capital One Arena. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn Washington-Downtown-Convention Center, DC: 3-star hotel with free breakfast, an indoor pool and a fitness centre, 14-minute walk from Ford's Theater. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and family-friendly amenities.
You can catch a show at Warner Theatre, Ford's Theater and National Theatre while in Downtown Washington D.C.. Capital One Arena and National Museum of Women in the Arts are some other places worth a visit when you're in the the neighbourhood.
Plan a stop at Civilian Art Projects or Historical Society of Washington D.C. in Mount Vernon Square, a neighbourhood nearby.
Getting Around Downtown Washington D.C. and the Greater Washington Area
If you want to see more of the city, McPherson Sq. Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Center Station and Gallery Place Chinatown Station.