Search Hotels in Capitol Hill, Washington
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 8 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 18 Nov 2020
Visiting Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill is an historic neighbourhood known for its notable monuments and top museums. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including United States Capitol and Supreme Court of the United States. With hotels to suit everyone's tastes, Capitol Hill serves as a good starting point for exploring the greater Washington area.
Staying in Capitol Hill
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighbourhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC Capitol-Navy Yard: 3-star hotel with free breakfast, an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre, 9-minute walk from Nationals Park. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard: 3-star hotel with free breakfast, a fitness centre and free WiFi, 7-minute walk from Nationals Park. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and proximity to public transport.
- Kimpton George Hotel: 4.5-star hotel with a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness centre and a bar/lounge, 11-minute walk from United States Capitol. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and central location.
Capitol Hill might not have your ideal accommodation, so consider a different Washington neighbourhood. Chinatown is a neighbourhood known for its top museums, popular art scene and array of dining options. With 18 hotels and other accommodation options in the neighbourhood, these are our guests' top choices:
- Heaven on Washington - Center of City: 4-star apartment with a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a health club, 4-minute walk from Ford's Theater. Our guests enjoy the apartment's walkable location and helpful staff.
- Heaven on Washington - Heart of the City: 4-star apartment with a restaurant, a 24-hour health club and a rooftop terrace, steps from Capital One Arena. Expedia travellers like this apartment's walkable location and helpful staff.
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center: 3.5-star hotel with a restaurant, an indoor pool and a fitness centre, steps from Ford's Theater. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Bartholdi Fountain, National Japanese American Memorial and Columbus Circle are some of Capitol Hill's local landmarks to explore if you want to see some of the sights in the neighbourhood. You could also plan a visit to United States Capitol or Supreme Court of the United States when you're visiting the neighbourhood.
While you're here, you’ll likely want to explore the area, and nearby neighbourhood Chinatown has top sights including Ford's Theater and Capital One Arena. Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture, Smithsonian American Art Museum and Friendship Arch are a few other places worth a visit while you're in Washington.
Getting Around Capitol Hill and the Greater Washington Area
If you want to see more of the city, Capitol South Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Eastern Market Station and Federal Center Station. If you want to head out of town, you can hop aboard a train at Washington Union Station.