Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chantilly, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and cafes. National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Manassas National Battlefield Park and Reston Town Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Chantilly
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 11.8 mi (19 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chantilly
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sully Historic Site and Pleasant Valley Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chantilly. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
- Hyatt Place Dulles Airport - South - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Manassas National Battlefield Park, 5.8 mi/9.3 km from the city centre, and Reston Town Center, which is 8.1 mi/13 km away.
Dressing for Chantilly
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Chantilly gets about 1055.20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C