Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ashburn, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and breweries. Top sights around the area include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Reston Town Center and Great Falls Park.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Ashburn
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashburn
The picturesque setting of Ashburn Park and Bles Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and One Loudoun is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ashburn Ice House and Lost Rhino Brewing Company.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ashburn. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ashburn Dulles North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dulles-North/Loudoun - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, located 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Reston Town Center, which is 8.9 mi/14.2 km away.
Dressing for Ashburn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Ashburn gets about 1051 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C