Families will find kid-friendly activities in Herndon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. Reston Town Center, National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Herndon
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Herndon
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Industrial Strength Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Frying Pan Farm Park and Herndon Centennial Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Herndon. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Washington Dulles Marriott Suites - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Reston Town Center, located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city centre, and National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, which is 3.8 mi/6.1 km away.
Dressing for Herndon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Herndon gets about 1057 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C