Travellers to Reston give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Reston Town Center, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts and Great Falls Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Reston
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reston
Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Reston Town Center and The Spectrum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Reston National Golf Course and Lake Fairfax Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Reston. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Reston - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- The Westin Reston Heights - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Extended Stay America - Washington DC - Reston - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, 4.3 mi/6.8 km from the heart of the city, and Great Falls Park, which is 5.5 mi/8.8 km away.
Getting around Reston
Head to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Reston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1057 millimetres of rain falls on Reston each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C