Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 6 Oct 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Tranent has to offer including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Muirfield Golf Course, Holyrood Park and Royal Commonwealth Pool.
- You'll find 2741 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 17.9 mi (28.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tranent
A favourite place to visit in the city is Glenkinchie Distillery. Additionally, in the area you'll find Muirfield Golf Course and Holyrood Park.
As you start planning your visit to Tranent, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 124 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Swifts Cottage is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of Tranent. Located in Tranent, this 3.5-star cottage features a kitchen, free WiFi and a washer/dryer.
- Luxury 4 Bedroom Accommodation, Ideal for Golf Parties or Family Breaks is 3 mi (4.8 km) from central Tranent. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Edinburgh can enjoy access to a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Point A Hotel Edinburgh Haymarket is 12 mi (19.4 km) from the centre of Tranent. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kirknewton can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Royal Commonwealth Pool, 10.5 mi/17 km from the city centre, and Arthur's Seat, which is 10.5 mi/17 km away.
Dressing for Tranent
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Tranent gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C