Travellers to Staines give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights around the area include Thorpe Park, Frogmore House and Windsor Castle.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Staines
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Staines
A favourite place to visit in the city is Runnymede. In the area, you'll also find Thorpe Park and Frogmore House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Staines. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Boleyn Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- The Stanwell Heathrow - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- De Vere Beaumont Estate - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Top places to visit around the area include Windsor Castle, 5 mi/8 km from the city centre, and Legoland, which is 6 mi (9.6 km) away.
Getting around Staines
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Staines Station or Wraysbury Station. Staines might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Staines
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Staines gets about 587 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C