Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Aug 2020
Travellers to Poole give high marks for the bustling port, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights in the city include Poole Harbour and Brownsea Island.
- There are 166 hotels and other accommodation options in Poole
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 32 mi (51.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Poole
Cultural venues in the city include Tower Park, Poole Museum and Scaplen’s Court Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Brownsea Castle, Poole Twin Sails Bridge and RNLI Memorial Sculpture. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Brownsea Island, Compton Acres and Sandbanks Beach.
Other top sights in Poole include Poole Harbour. Popular places to see around the area include Bournemouth International Centre, 5.7 mi/9.1 km from the city centre, and Bournemouth Beach, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away.
Getting around Poole
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Poole is a breeze. If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Poole Hamworthy Station, Poole Station or Poole Parkstone Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Poole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Poole is 785.80 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Poole?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Poole, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Poole?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Poole?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Poole?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Poole?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Poole?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Poole?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Poole?
Poole Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Poole by Star Rating
- Hotels near Poole Airports
- Areas of Poole
- Accommodation near Poole Attractions
- More accommodation types in Poole
- Choose Your Poole Hotel Style
- Search Poole Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Poole
- Hotels Near Poole, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends