Guests are sure to enjoy the bars, restaurants and spas in Sandbanks. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its beaches and coffeehouses.
- There are 3 Sandbanks hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sandbanks
- A port is one of the top activities, whereas Sandbanks Ferry Terminal, Poole Harbour, and Alum Chine Beach are favourite sights to visit
- The the sea and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Brownsea Island, Bournemouth Beach, and Compton Acres are several places worth visiting
Getting around Sandbanks
There are many transport options in Sandbanks. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Sandbanks
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Sandbanks Hotel.
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Harbour Heights Hotel
- Haven Hotel
Harbour Heights Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Sandbanks Hotel and Haven Hotel.
Dressing for Sandbanks
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Sandbanks each year