Search Hotels in Panama City, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 23 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 28 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Panama City
Rosemary Beach is popular for its beaches, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Alys Beach or Rosemary Beach.
Inlet Beach is noteworthy for its beaches, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Camp Helen State Park and Rosemary Beach.
If you're looking for some top things to see and do in Long Beach and surrounding area, you can visit Ripley's Believe It or Not and WonderWorks.
Lullwater Beach On Gulf Of Mexico
While there might not be top attractions in Lullwater Beach On Gulf Of Mexico, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Pier Park and Gulf World Marine Park.
Visiting Panama City
Travellers to Panama City give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and festivals. Top sights in the city include Panama City Marina, Panama City Mall and St. Andrews State Park.
- There are 3991 hotels and other accommodation options in Panama City
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 51.1 mi (82.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Panama City
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Ripley's Believe It or Not, Martin Theatre and Visual Arts Center of Northwest Florida. Attractions like Shipwreck Island Waterpark, Gulf World Marine Park and WonderWorks are fun for kids of all ages. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including St. Andrews State Park, Carillon Beach and Mexico Beach.
In West Panama City Beach, you'll find 3991 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Panama City Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Beachfront - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Open Sands can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Panama City Beach - Beachfront - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Other favourite sights in Panama City include Panama City Marina, Panama City Mall and Tyndall Air Force Base Visitor Center. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Seaside Beach, 30.9 mi/49.7 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Panama City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Panama City is 1457.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Panama City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Panama City, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Panama City?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Panama City?
What's the best hotel for couples in Panama City?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Panama City?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Panama City?
What's the best golf hotel in Panama City?
Panama City Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Panama City by Star Rating
- Hotels near Panama City Airports
- Areas of Panama City
- Accommodation near Panama City Attractions
- More accommodation types in Panama City
- Choose Your Panama City Hotel Style
- Search Panama City Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Panama City
- Hotels Near Panama City, Florida
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends