Visiting Daytona Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Daytona Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights in the city include Ocean Center, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark and Daytona Beach Boardwalk.
- There are 2670 hotels and other accommodation options in Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 33.1 mi (53.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daytona Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Ponce de Leon Lighthouse and Museum, Peabody Auditorium and Daytona Beach Bandshell. Families come for attractions such as Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Sunglow Pier and Go-Kart City. The city is notable for landmarks like Daytona Beach Boardwalk, Daytona Beach Pier and Wright Flyer Sculpture.
In Port Orange, there are 2670 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Daytona, Autograph Collection - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Black Dolphin Inn - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and walkable location at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- River Lily Inn Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Daytona Beach include Ocean Center, Ocean Walk Shoppes and Beach at Daytona Beach. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Blue Springs State Park, located 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Daytona Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Daytona Beach gets about 1262 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°C