Visiting New Smyrna Beach
Travellers to New Smyrna Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include New Smyrna Beach and Canaveral National Seashore.
- You'll find 2586 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Smyrna Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach, Arts on Douglas and The Hub on Canal. The city is notable for landmarks like Sugar Mill Ruins, Canal Street Historic District and Our Lady Star of The Sea Catholic Church. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including New Smyrna Beach, Canaveral National Seashore and Buena Vista Park.
In Cape Canaveral, there are 1184 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Black Dolphin Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Inn On the Avenue - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Anchor Inn NSB Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Wallaces New Smyrna can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Ponce de Leon Lighthouse and Museum, located 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre, and Daytona Beach Golf Club, which is 14.2 mi/22.9 km away.
Dressing for New Smyrna Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- New Smyrna Beach gets about 1264 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 10°C