Visiting Daytona Beach Shores
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Daytona Beach Shores, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Beach at Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Golf Club and Ocean Center.
- You'll find 2895 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 4.9 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daytona Beach Shores
Families come for attractions such as Sunglow Pier, Hawaiian Falls Mini Golf and Congo River Golf - Daytona Beach. The beaches, sunrises and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Beach at Daytona Beach, Max Samuely Park and Frank Rendon Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Daytona Beach Drive-In Church and Dahlia Avenue Park.
In Daytona Beach, you'll find 489 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Daytona Beach - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Sand Castle Motel - This 2-star motel in Ocean View Halifax Estates features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Daytona Beach Golf Club, 2.5 mi/4 km from the city centre, and Ocean Center, which is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) away.
Dressing for Daytona Beach Shores
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Daytona Beach Shores gets about 1260.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°C