Search Hotels in Sanibel, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 13 Mar 2019
Reviewed on 8 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Sanibel, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Bowman's Beach and Sanibel Island Lighthouse.
- You'll find 4538 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Myers
- The closest major airport is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Naples, FL (APF-Naples Municipal), 28.8 mi (46.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sanibel
Cultural venues in the city include Bailey - Matthews Shell Museum, Sanibel Historical Museum and Village and Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife. Notable city landmarks like Sanibel Island Lighthouse and Sanibel Historical Village and Museum might be worth a visit. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Island Southern Beach and J. N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
Popular places to visit around the area include Lovers Key State Park, located 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Sun Splash Water Park, which is 14.8 mi/23.9 km away.
Dressing for Sanibel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 12°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- About 1420.80 millimetres of rain falls on Sanibel each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sanibel?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sanibel, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Sanibel?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Sanibel?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Sanibel?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sanibel?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Sanibel?
What's the best boutique hotel in Sanibel?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Sanibel?
Sanibel Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sanibel by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sanibel Airports
- Areas of Sanibel
- Accommodation near Sanibel Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sanibel
- Choose Your Sanibel Hotel Style
- Search Sanibel Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sanibel
- Hotels Near Sanibel, Fort Myers
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends