Visiting Port St. Joe
Travellers to Port St. Joe give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and ecotours. Top sights in the area include Panama City Marina, Panama City Mall and St. Andrews State Park.
- You'll find 3890 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Panama City
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 48.2 mi (77.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Port St. Joe
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Indian Pass Beach, Mexico Beach and Windmark Beach. Exploring the port is a top activity, and St Joseph Bay Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Joseph Peninsula State Park and Saint Joe Beach.
As you plan your holiday to Port St. Joe, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 386 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- MainStay Suites is located 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the heart of Port St. Joe. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Port St. Joe can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Cape San Blas Inn is 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from central Port St. Joe. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Port St. Joe can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and beach locale.
- NEW Listing! Dog-friendly Townhome in Private Community W/shared Pool-near Beach is 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the centre of Port St. Joe. This 3.5-star hotel in Port St. Joe features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Tyndall Air Force Base Visitor Center, located 26.7 mi (43 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Port St. Joe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Port St. Joe gets about 1466 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C