Visiting Shell Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Shell Island has to offer including the seafood restaurants and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Tyndall Air Force Base Visitor Center, Panama City Marina and St. Andrews State Park.
- There are 4084 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 52.3 mi (84.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shell Island
Tyndall Air Force Base Visitor Center, Panama City Marina and St. Andrews State Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Panama City Mall and Shipwreck Island Waterpark.
As you plan your holiday to Shell Island, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 1082 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Boardwalk Beach Hotel is located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of Shell Island. This 2.5-star hotel in Panama City Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach and 2 restaurants. Our customers like its central location.
- Beachside Resort Panama City Beach is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from central Shell Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Panama City Beach can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort by Resort Collection is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the centre of Shell Island. This 4-star condo resort in Panama City Beach features a golf course, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia travellers love its bar and WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Gulf World Marine Park, located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre, and Pier Park, which is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away.
Dressing for Shell Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Shell Island gets about 1457.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 7°C