Search Hotels in Destin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 12 Jun 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Sep 2020
Travellers to Destin give high marks for the beaches, seafood restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Destin Commons, Silver Sands Premium Outlets and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
- You'll find 5569 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Destin
Attractions like Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park and Morgan Sports Center are fun for everyone, not just kids. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Henderson Beach State Park, Crystal Sands Beach and James Lee Park. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Destin Commons, Silver Sands Premium Outlets and HarborWalk Village.
In Fort Walton Beach, you'll find 4469 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Beachside Inn - This 3-star hotel in Crystal Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Henderson, a Salamander Beach & Spa Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this resort. This 5-star resort in Crystal Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 4 restaurants.
- Hyatt Place Sandestin at Grand Boulevard - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Destin include Destin Harbor Boardwalk. Popular places to visit in the area include Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre, and Santa Rosa Beach, which is 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away.
Dressing for Destin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 1584 millimetres of rain falls on Destin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Destin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Destin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Destin?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Destin?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Destin?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Destin?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Destin?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Destin?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Destin?
Destin Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Destin by Star Rating
- Hotels near Destin Airports
- Areas of Destin
- Accommodation near Destin Attractions
- More accommodation types in Destin
- Choose Your Destin Hotel Style
- Search Destin Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Destin
- Hotels Near Destin, Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends