Visiting Pensacola Beach
Travellers to Pensacola Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its live music. Historic Pensacola Village, Saenger Theatre and Pensacola Civic Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1424 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Pensacola
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 35.8 mi (57.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pensacola Beach
Notable city landmarks like Pensacola Beach Pier and Fort Pickens might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Portofino Boardwalk to your agenda.
In Gulf Breeze, you can choose from 581 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Margaritaville Beach Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Villa Sabine can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach - This 3-star hotel in Plaza Primera features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Historic Pensacola Village, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the city centre, and Saenger Theatre, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away.
Dressing for Pensacola Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Pensacola Beach gets about 1660 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 7°C