Visiting De Funiak Springs
Visitors to De Funiak Springs are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and parks. A top sight in the city is Chautauqua Vineyards.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in De Funiak Springs
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 30.2 mi (48.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in De Funiak Springs
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Lake Defuniak. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chautauqua Vineyards and Walton County Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in De Funiak Springs. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Defuniak Springs - Crestview - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Hotel DeFuniak - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Best Western Crossroads Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Silver Sands Premium Outlets, located 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city centre, and Destin Commons, which is 29.2 mi/47.1 km away.
Dressing for De Funiak Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- De Funiak Springs gets about 1618 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C